Sunday 29 September 2013

Finding The Right Tiny Breed

In about a year I should have a new dog with my fianceé and choosing a breed is more difficult than I thought. Since we are moving into an apartment complex that only allow dogs that weigh 25 pounds or less that limits my choices a bit. I wanted a larger dog for plenty of reasons but now I have to settle on a smaller breed. And researching them I find that I like a lot of them but found few that I truly absolutely LIKE or WANT to care for. Mostly because I don’t feel confident enough, especially with terriers. I’d love a smaller terrier, but I feel like I can’t care for one good enough or that I don’t know enough regarding dog training so I could handle a stubborn but darling terrier.

Right now (my opinion changes every week) I am fixated on the Havanese. It appears to be a moderately easy dog to care for despite the coat care, they are eager to please and easy to train. And for being a small dog it seems to be quite stout and adorably bouncy. Since I’m looking into the grooming business I was considering maybe I could groom him myself, but we’ll see. I wonder if it’s good practice or not. Oh, the decisions.

Choosing a dog breed is so difficult I wonder why I haven’t gone insane yet. Right now I don’t have much to report on this matter since I need to research even more on smaller dog breeds to find one that pleases me. Some other dog breeds I’ve found sound pleasant along with the Havanese are: Miniature Poodle, Bichon Frisé, Welsh Corgi Pembroke and West Highland White Terrier. We’ll see if the list keeps growing or if I will cut some of these candidates off the list.

What’s that? What my fianceé wants? PFFFFFFFFF!

1 comment:

  1. jeeves.wins.with.tie.grab@gmail.com is my email :)!

    ReplyDelete